From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Ted Cooke
Sent: 9. april 2011 17:57
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: [Blind-Computing] ruby interpreters for the windows 7 platform

Hello, My name is Ted, and I have just joined this mailing list. so
this is of course my first messege :)

I am currently trying to learn the ruby programming language using the
interpreter from ruby-lang.org jaws 12 and windows 7. However I have
encountered a fairly major accessibility problem with the interpreter.
whenever a program waits for user-entered input, jaws completely
freezes within the interpreter. If I alt-tab out of the interpreter
then jaws resumes working properly, and if I give the program the
input it was looking for it continues to execute as expected. and
lastly, while the interpreter is not waiting for input, jaws functions
just as expected within a command line envirement.

I have absolutely no idea how to solve this problem from the jaws
point-of-view, so I am seeking an alternitive interpreter. Are there
any ruby programmers who have any suggestions that might help?