Hi Folks,

Yesterday, I attempted to record a tutorial on something to do with using Jaws
with a certain program.

I have received quite a bit of advice on how to set things up and prepare the
sound card and all, and thought I was ready, but when I recorded the tutorial,
Jaws did not come through the recording.

I am trying to do this on a Toshiba Satellite A100 laptop, using the RealTek
Sound drivers, Jaws 12, latest build, GoldWave, again, the latest build, and
Windows XP, home edition.

All of the advice I received on a few lists I'm on said to change the recording
properties to record what you hear, but I simply don't see these settings
anywhere in my sounds and audio devices dialog box, my sound card properties,
or in my text to speech properties dialog box within the speech option in my
control panel.

My only other alternative is to record the tutorial using my Olympus DM-4, or
my Olympus DS-61, but I'm worried that Jaws won't come through loud and clear
enough that anyone listening to the tutorial will understand.

Can anyone suggest a course of action I can take to remedy this problem I'm
having?

A step-by-step guide would be wonderful, as I've noticed that, in all of the
sites offering tutorials, training, and helpful hint type of pages, none of
them offer you a how-to on how to record your own tutorial.  LOL.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Scorpio