Pardon me, but I'm not at all certain I understand your question. I presume that you are asking how to configure JAWS to identify unread messages in Windows Live Mail, here's how:

In the main screen, set JAWS to SayAll.

Then activate the JAWS cursor.

Position the JAWS cursor to a preview line that you know for certain to be a new message -- a message you might send to yourself works.

Then position the JAWS cursor over the obvious graphic that preceeds the preview line and using the JAWS Graphics Labeler, identify "New Message" to be the text associated with that graphic.

Set the Graphics Labeler for application and save it.

You should now hear "New Message" for each new message.

----
Holland's Person, Bill
E-Mail: billgal...@centurytel.net
- "Evil indeed is the man who has not one woman to mourn him."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle; -- Watson, on the death of Selden in "The Hound of the Baskervilles"