To: "blind-computing @jaws-users.com" <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:56 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] no windows startup sounds at startup afterupdating windows xp sp 3.

Hi all. when I re start my pc I am not hearing the windows start up sounds or shut down sounds. I just got my pc re formatted and am running windows xp sp 3 home. I talked to a tec who googled this problem and found that it happened because of a windows update. I can't seem to figger out what update or how to fix it. He said it can be fix by changing something in the registry. every other sounds load and I am able to hear the windows start up sound when I go in to sounds and audio in the control panel and tab over to play sound but nothing comes up when I re start my pc. please help. from Mich.