Well....that doesn't seem likely. But stranger things have happened! I may try it.

I actually got Avira going over here, and it works, but the notifications are sometimes hard to read.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anna Vimini" <an...@etown.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:52 PM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] avast 6.0

Hi No I do not have a nasty piece of malware because I checked my computer with ASA just in case and it turned up nothing. my copy of the free eddition of avast 6.0 works well with my jaws screen reading program but their are some people who do not think so. but I think that is because if you did not have avast 5.0 which was acessible with the jaws screen reading program and your just a new user of avast 6.0 then your copy of avast will not be acessible with Jaws.
I may be wrong and I am sure someone will correct me on that.
I think this is why my copy of avast 6.0 is acessible with jaws because I was using avast 5.0 and in a program update, it down loaded avast 6.0
-anna