Hi Josh,

Below are some notes that I've saved.

From: Steve [mailto:k...@sbcglobal.net]
Don,

1.  Open my computer.

2.  Press alt-t for tools, and then select folder options.

3.  Control tab to the file types tab.

4.  There is a listview with probably some 400 different file extensions.
Press the letter D to get you there quicker.  Look for dot D O C which is
.doc for your default MsWord file format.

5.  Tab over to the change button and press enter.

6.  A dialog will open.  Arrow down and choose that you want to have those
files open with Microsoft Office Word.  You might have to navigate a treview
if the program isn't listed in the original list, you should be able to find
it under programs, Microsoft Office. etc.
Steve
From: "Don Mauck" <
don.ma...@oracle.com>
Actually I found an easier way.
1.  Go to your "my documents" folder.
2.  Highlight any word document (doc) (docx)
3.  Press the applications key, select the "open as" dialog, select  "choose
program."
4.  Select always use this program after selecting Word, and you're good to
go.
Regards,
Don

From: The Elf

ah, yes you can, go to control panel, go to folder options, control tab to
file types, arrow down through the file types till you find .txt, tab over
to change, and go through the dialog to select note pad to open .text files

now then if your trying to save an Email as a text file, usually you can by
hitting file, save as and in the file type choose .txt if its available, if
not then Donna's is the only real answer unless you want to do two saves,
once as an html copy of the Email, and then again with I.E. to a text file.
HTH, Inthane

Hope this has helped.  Take care.