Yvonne

larry

£24 a month for 2mb is ridiculous! I'm paying £26 for phone & broadband with
8mbps.

i know but at the time that was all i could find
i had newnet before when i was in portsmouth
they are in fareham hants.
they used to have a london branch but closed that years ago.
newnet remotely configure the router although this is included in the cost per month.

Sky are reportedly offering 20mb for £20 with TV & phone - though I wouldn't
use them if you paid me - they don't even send out wireless n capable
routers they still use g!

sky are fine for the television in some degree
by this i mean for  the sighted.
i know that is heartless and a spiteful thing to say but you know me personally and are aware of how losing my sight at 47 after leading a full and active life has affected me.
sky  would of been fine as i would of had sky sports for the football
even though i am a portsmouth fan i also watch other games.

Virgin I believe offer up to 50mbps and BT offer different rates too - you
will have to look on their websites to see what they offer.

i am being bombarded by both email and snail mail about bt broadband, bt together and bt connedt
there may be other bt packages but can't think off hand.
i am seriously concidering switching to bt from newnet.
however the configureing of the router could cause a problem as i would not be able to do this myself.
but of course which bt product is the best one to get?
what one would you recommend?
i would of course like telephones calls to be included 24/7 and of course the television but i don't know what channels bt vision has.

I'm with Talk Talk and really would not recommend anyone uses them as they
really do not like talking to their users over the phone and prefer you to
communicate with machines as much as possible - I know of at least 3 people
who now have no phone service whatsoever because they totally screwed it all
up - personally I am thinking of going back to BT - they own the cables -
tech support is pretty good with them doing remote access if needed  - and
if there is a problem its their engineers that sort it out - if any other
ISP using the BT network has a problem the ISp has to contact BT and then
the wait starts because Talk Talk do not inform what is happening - not even
when the BT engineer is going to visit even though they know because they've
arranged the visit!

i have always been under the impression from people here on talk talk and people before i came here also on talk talk that they don't like their customers 100 percent. i have heard how stroppy they are and how they instantly disconnect a phone line if payment is not received on the day or within 24 hours.
and of course a reconnection fee applies.
i also beleive that the customer services are not really interested in helping their customers but talk talk are more than happy to help when it comes to receiving payment.

so upon information given as to which bt package is best i will switch over.

Yvonne

----- Original Message ----- From: "LaMcAs" <lamca...@yahoo.co.uk>
[...]

Larry & Flax GD (Guide Dog)
& Elliot RTG (Retired Guide Dog)