Now I can read the manual and be prepared for my new electronic toy when I receive it sometime next week.

Again, thanks for that idea. Take care.

Lennie

At 08:18 AM 7/8/2011, you wrote:
Hello,

The main stream programs like omnipage, as well as the adaptive one,
Kurzweil 1000, will also scan an image file without having to print it
out first.

Riana

-----Original Message-----
From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Mike &
Barbara In Arcadia
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 2:14 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Protection Error in reading a PDF file

Hi Lennie,

Try the following.  I hope you have OpenBook.

Open Book has this capability.
When you are in Adobe, use Control P to print.
But instead of the default printer, Arro down to, Freedom Import
Printer & press enter.
When you choose this printer to print to, Open Book will start, scan the
pdf file as if it were a paper file in your scanner, and hopefully leave
you with readable text.
Be patient, it may take a couple minutes for Open Book to boot and start
scanning.

Hope you have OpenBook & this helped.  Take care.