Hi Scorpio,

Thank you very much for the information on splitting files with 7Zip.  I
have used 7Zip for quite awhile but, have never tried to split a file with
it.  Thanks again, take care.

  From: Scorpio Forever
  To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
  Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 5:33 AM
  Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Splitting A Program

  Hi Mike,

  Both WinZip and WinRAR have the capability of splitting an archive into
  multiple parts.

  Once split, you can upload the various parts onto a file sharing service
of
  your choice.

  For example, if you're going to be uploading to Send Space, you would
split
  your zip archive into 299 megabytes in size.  Likewise, if you're going to
  upload a file to Rapid Share, you would split the archive into 100
megabyte
  sizes.

  I'm not sure if 7ZIP has this capability, but it should say within the
  zipping interface, in addition to asking you how large you want to make
the
  various parts.

  You do have to be careful though when you use 7ZIP.  The default zipping
  format 7ZIP uses is not extractable by all programs.  WinZip will extract
  it, however, the native WinZip utility pre-loaded with Windows does not
have
  this capability, so if you're going to include the links to the various
  parts of your archive, you may want to include a link where one can obtain
  7ZIP.

  Hope this helps.

  Scorpio