From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Don Marang
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 2:25 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] System Backups

It is a small utility, which is completely accessible.  It efficiently makes
a copy of a folder (including all suvfolders, if desired) to another  folder.
It provides many different filtering options and a scheduled time, which is
referred to as a job.  You can create as many jobs as you want.  It only
copies files that change and I have never noticed any slowdown of my computer
when it kicks in.

I use it's tagging feature to create daily archives of a few critical
folders.  This particular tag method allows me to go back to a older version
based on the day of the month.

Job name:  Finance
Source location:  C:\Users\Don\Documents\Finance\ Destination location:
C:\Users\Don\Documents\BackupVersioning\Finance\Day<dd>\

This particular job would create 31 different copies of this folder with the
<dd> replaced by the day of the month.  These folders do not contain a large
number of files and disk space is cheap.  The destination folder can be
anywhere on your home network.  Later in the night I have it copy all of my
data to a different computer in my house.  It works flawlessly!

It is located at:
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp

*Don Marang*
Vinux Software Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org
<http://www.vinuxproject.org/> There is just so much stuff in the world that,
to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to
make sure that I am working on things that matter.
-- Dean Kamen