The command sndvol is for Vista or Windows 7. The command for XP is sndvol32.
David Ferrin
Most people don't know what they're doing and a lot of them are really good at it. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Kruger" <bandi...@gmail.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 7:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] sound card adjustment

Ok, if you look in control panel, for something like sound and volume adjustment, that might do it, but can't remember offhand the name of something to put in like run dialogue, but you can also double check the system tray icon listing - jaws key + F11 to see if the icon for volume control is in there, etc., but if you go via the control panel, then there's a checkbox option on the dialogue - and might have named it wrong since been a little while since last specifically looked for it in XP - that tells windows to display one in the system tray, but anyway.

If you want, you can however try using the run dialogue - windows key + R, and then in there, type in sndvol and hit enter, and think it will also bring up sound/volume control/mixer.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA