Hi Gerald,

I couldn't disagree more.

I currently own a Brother MFC-685CW, an all-in-one inkjet printer that
scans, prints, copies, PC-faxes and acts as a stand-alone fax machine with
handset and digital answering machine and in colour.

Granted, there is a rather large LCD screen to it, where you can view
printable objects inserted into it's many interfaces, such as USB, SD-cards
and other flash media, but, Brother's tech support has been unprecedented,
and they were able to actually help me label the various buttons on the
machine, telling me which buttons were which, which I could then label with
my Braille labeler.

The best part about this all-in-one is that you can access the printer's
set-up on your computer, using the Control Center icon on your system tray.
True, the window shows up as inaccessible, but with a bit of mouse
cursoring, either with the Jaws cursor, or one of the other screen reader
equivalents, you can left click on the link to take you to the printer's
set-up screen where you can configure the answering machine, what type of
connection you want to use, USB, LAN cable, LPT1 or Wi-Fi, and various other
settings that most printers don't allow you to have access to.

Once the settings are made, you press the "Ok" button, and the program sends
the settings configuration to the printer, which takes affect immediately.
Also, the printer's manual is in PDF readable format, so if you happen to
activate a process on the printer that requires the LCD screen operation,
you know which buttons to press in order to accomplish the task without
sighted assistance.

Of course, one of the hardest parts and the most inaccessible operation of
the printer is changing the ink cartridge.

Not so much in the physical aspect of changing the cartridge, but knowing
which of the four cartridges must be changed, as there are four, black,
cyan, magenta and yellow, though you can get each cartridge for as little as
$7.00 for a four cartridge combo pack.

In any case, I would not give up my all-in-one for anything, and would
heartily purchase one again.

I must say though, that the price I paid for it was rather outlandish, as I
paid just under $300.00 for it at our Canadian Best Buy equivalent, Future
Shop, and later found out that I could have purchased it through my company
for a measly $100.00.  LOL.

Anyway, I don't regret paying that much for it, as the printer has more than
paid itself off in lack of interface headaches.  Smiles.

Scorpio