Karen: Have you ever heard of Roots Magic? And if so, is it part of the Roots Web company? Many thanks. Jerry ----- Original Message ----- From: "karen schrade" <kschr...@sbcglobal.net>
To: "blind computing" <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2011 2:18 PM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] genealogy forms

Hi Jerry, Actually, Family Tree Maker works reasonably well with Jaws. I
have used FTW 2006 for several years in XP and just moved it to my new Win 7 laptop. I was a bit concerned because of the 32 bit vs 64 bit thing but, the
intsallation went fine and there was a patch for FTW. I can now open my
family files and add info if needed.

There is an email list at Rootsweb for blind genealogists. You might find
some useful information there:

To subscribe to the list, please send an email to
blind-genealogists-requ...@rootsweb.com with the word 'subscribe' without
the quotes in the subject and the body of the message.

It's UK based and not very active but, whenever i've had a question, someone
would post an answer. HTH, Karen