What do you want to use the program for? I have never used it myself but researched it some a while ago.

The basic purpose I understood it to have was to give you a way to intermix audio on machines whose audio driver lacks the "stereo mix", "wave-in" or, on Creative Cards, the "what you hear option".

The name "virtual cable" refers to the programs ability to sort of wire different audio inputs together.

One application of the "stereo mix" functionality is playing music in some chat rooms by playing directly into the soundcard rather than thru the microphone.

The program comes with a pretty extensive help file if I remember correctly that should explain what it does and how to set it up.

hth

Doris