To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 7:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Automatic computer shut-down

The system can be set to force all programs to unload before the system
shuts down. The fact is I do it all of the time. FYI here is the command
syntax.

reboot
shutdown -r -f -t 00

shutdown
shutdown -s -f -t 00

The switch -f is what forces all programs to close out. The -t switch is for
setting a delayed timer, so where the 00 is displayed if say you wish to
have the system shutdown in 2 minutes the 00 would be changed to 120.

This can all be done using the scheduled task wizard.
David Ferrin
Most people don't know what they're doing and a lot of them are really good
at it.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Robbins" <arobb...@nycap.rr.com>