On 10/25/2011 4:02 PM, John Justice wrote:
Leslie, I believe that you may have conflicting ITune versions in your
system.  What you may have to do is to completely eliminate all files
pertaining to that program, then start all over again.
I'm not referring to the song data  though.  You can download that onto a
separate jump drive but you will probably have to do a serious cleaning,
remove all ITunes and ITunes related files other than songs, then re-install
a new version from the site.
It's free so that shouldn't present an issue.  You are trying to read
library files created by a newer version of the software, but you are using
an older version to do it.
How that happened, I really don't know but I believe that the only real
solution is what is called a "clean installation"  of the program.

JOHN AND LINDA JUSTICE
WITH GUIDE DOGS JAKE AND ZACHARY
PERSONAL E-MAIL:  john_just...@verizon.net
-----Original Message-----
From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of leslie ferrell
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 3:23 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: [Blind-Computing] itunes is a pain

this is the message I get when I try to upgrade itunes on my windows 7 with
jaws  11.the file library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a
newer version of itunes. okay button. Leslie

I've gone to my add remove and removed everything that shows upthere butthat doesn't seem to fix the problem. Leslie