Hello Jerry;

I haven't used Vista in a little while,

However, I think the following steps will work.

1, place CD into drive and close the door.

Note, if a wizard comes up, just alt+f4.

2, navigate to your music folder,
And select the tunes which you want to burn,
Once you have all the tunes highlighted/selected,
Press applications key,

Up arrow until you hear;

Send-to sub-menu,

Right arrow to open,

Up-arrow and enter on your cd/dvd drive.

Note, you should hear something like, you have files waiting to be burned.

Just close your music folder.

Navigate to desktop,

Enter on my computer,

Enter on your cd/dvd drive,

You should see the files you selected/sent to the drive.

Now press alt+f, you should see right these files,

Press enter.

Now a wizard should come up, just follow the prompts.

Hopefully this will get you started.