I do apologize for this. I did not realize that a quirk in the Gmail
web interface appends a signature to the bottom of the quoted message
and somehow inverts the order. When composing a reply the cursor does
seem to be iin the right place, above the quoted text. Hopefully I
have it correct now.

Susan

susan