Sent: Monday, December 26, 2011 1:19 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Adding a second sound card

Hi All,

I'm using Jaws 13 and Vista on a laptop. Right now I have only the internal sound card. I want to add an external sound card. I went to Amazon, thinking this would just be a simple purchase, but of course, there are tons of choices, and I have no clue what I need. I was initially looking for a USB external card. Then I also saw there are cards that connect to speakers, and then several items called "adaptors" showed up in the results list, too. Actually, there were only a couple options for USB sound cards amidst the long list, and customer ratings weren't all that good. I don't need anything with lots of bells and whistles, and I don't care where I order from. I just went to Amazon because I thought I could make a quick purchase and be done. I simply want to be able to have Jaws coming from a sound card separate from music or sporting events so I can control the volumes separately. Any pointers on how to make a selection would be a big help.
Thank you,
Shari