Ad-aware is indeed for ad-ware only. What's more, I thought the programme wasn't made anymore? Maybe I'm wrong and it's simply not very screenreader-friendly like it used to be. Anyway, your friend should run one (1) AntiVirus programme and one (1) spyware/ad-ware software in memory..that is, one each. Also good to have a backup scanner that you can use, without a resident component. I find that Malware-bytes works very well for this purpose..it's caught things that neither Spybot nor McAfee (at work) have been able to remove.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David" <davidwhitehead1...@cogeco.ca>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 7:34 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] virus programs,

Hello to all;
I'm asking behalf of a friend,
Regarding ad-aware,
1, is it screen reader friendly?
2, is it both a virus, and malware program?
Other words what is the difference between paid and free version,
I'm not sure but I think my friend was given the wrong advice, she was told
that,
No need to run MSE just run ad-aware for protection.
I seem to recall, that ad-aware is just a malware protection program.
In advance thanks