From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Bill Gallik
Sent: 5. januar 2012 13:06
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Computer Components

What I think Trish is asking for is how to go into the "Device Manager" and
discover exactly what hardware components are configured for her system.
For example, I can do this by:

1) Opening the "SETTINGS" item on the main menu and selecting "Control
Panel"

2)  Selecting "Device Manager" (or selecting "System" and then finding the
"Device Manager" tab)

3)  Once the "Device Manager" is open, browsing (and opening closed
elements - the component list.

One needs to be careful not to modify any of those settings once in Device
Manager unless they are certain of what they are doing, but this isn't
really very risky since cancelling out is fairly obvious.  This procedure
gives one an exhaustive list of exactly what his/her PC is comprised of
concerning hardware.

Does not Windows 7 provide a "Device Manager" interface; perhaps it isn't
called that in that OS?

--------
Holland's Person, Bill
- "The biggest seller is cookbooks and the second is diet books - how not to
eat what you've just learned how to cook."
- Andy Rooney
- Personal Note: Thought this an appropriate quote after the Holiday
splurging!