Hi All,

Out of curiosity I checked the MS Office folder in All Programs & there was
a save my settings wizard.  I ran a search, and below is what I found.

SUMMARY
This step-by-step guide describes how to back up user settings for an Office
XP installation to a secure Web site or to a file by using the Save My
Settings
Wizard.

The Save My Settings Wizard stores information about program options and
preferences, custom templates and dictionaries, and AutoCorrect lists to a
secure
location on the Internet or to a file. You can also use the Save My Settings
Wizard to restore settings to an Office XP installation.
Back Up Office XP Settings
NOTE: When you start the Save My Settings Wizard, you will be prompted to
quit any Office XP programs that may be running. Quit all Office XP programs
before
you perform this procedure.

To back up Office XP settings by using the Save My Settings Wizard, follow
these steps:

list of 5 items
1. Start the Save My Settings Wizard. To do this, click Start, point to
Programs, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Save My Settings
Wizard.
2. On the first page of the wizard, click Next.
3. Click the Save the settings from this machine option, and then click
Next.
4. Click one of the following options:

list of 2 items nesting level 1
• Save the settings to the Web
• Save the settings to a File
list end nesting level 1
NOTE: If you choose the Save the settings to a File option, the settings are
stored in an Office Profile Settings (OPS) file on your computer's hard disk
when you click Next, and the wizard will finish. If you choose the Save the
settings to the Web option, you will be prompted to type a Microsoft
Passport
ID when you click Next.

Click Next.
5. Type your Passport sign-in name and password, and then click OK.

Microsoft stores your settings on the Web for three months. If you want to
receive e-mail notification before the expiration date, type your e-mail
address,
and then click Next. If you do not want to receive this notification, leave
the E-mail address box blank, and then click Finish.
list end

Back to the top