  From: Gerald Levy
  To: blind-computing
  Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 9:13 AM
  Subject: [Blind-Computing] Removing Malware Threats Detected By Super
AntiSpyware

  Hi guys.  Well, it was bound to happen.  I have been using Super Anti
Spyware 4.56 free edition successfully for a long time, but suddenly, it
stopped updating the database definitions a few weeks ago.  So today I
updated to SAS 5.0 free dition, the latest version, and, of course, it is
much less JAWS friendly than its predecessor.  Using the JAWS cursor with
JAWS 13, I was able to update the database definitions in this new version
of SAS and then run a quick scan.  When the scan finished, the results page
showed that SAS had detected two potentially harmful threats, and
recommended that they be removed immediately from my computer.  But using
the JAWS cursor, I could not find these threats listed anywhere on the
results page, nor could I find any check boxes to select them for removal.
Clicking on the Remove Threats button at the bottom of the page brought up a
warning that no threats had been selected for removal, but do I want to
continue anyway.  Clicking on the No button brought me back to the results
page where I still could not find the detected threats and select them for
removal.  This was never a problem with the earlier version of SAS.  Can
anyone explain how to find and select malware threats detected by SAS 5.0?
Or is SAS now another one of those programs that has become unusable with
JAWS?  Thanks for any help.

  Gerald