When I worked for J Crew in the past, I used a braille display. But, I was having to look at account information, orders, and all and would have found it impossible to remember and read back the numbers to the customer otherwise. So, it does depend a little on what you are doing. And, first, you will have to determine the kind of phones the workplace is using. I could not use the Plantronix headset because our phones were of a system that would not function with it. The only way that system would have worked with speech and Jaws would be the two headset idea. Also, make sure that Jaws is compatible with the workplace's software. In my case, because we were using proprietary custom software, it was necessary to find a way to connect my PC to the network so it looked like a nonwindows machine. Talk to the IT department because without them, you will not succeed. But, if they believe in you, they'll bend over backwards to help make it work.

Greg

-----Original Message----- From: john melia
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:34 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Customer Service Advice Needed

I work for Fedex customer service there several ways to do this and one way
is not the correct way. I have 2 head sets one has the phone  and the other
one has jaws talking. I criss cross them on my head. Now there is headsets
that are made py Plantronics that have the phone in one ear and other ear
can be used for jaws.  It takes a little bit to get the hang of jaws and the
customer but it can be done.