This seems to be a growing issue with email lists that I have been on. What is really getting out of line is the IPhone users who use Siri and do not proof read. We have pretty much an uphill battle to be respected as intelligent and capable people who happen to be blind, so the simple tasks such as proof reading and using spell check should be considered.

Donna

-----Original Message----- From: William Gallik
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 2:04 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Using Spell Check - Was: select excel nonadjacent rows and columns

Considering how many of us on this list rely on JAWS I have to comment on
the importance of using a spell check when sending off e-mail.  I don't mean
to pick anybody here so please don't take it that way.  It's just that it's
much more than considerate for correct spelling to appear on these blind
lists because of how a screen reader might mangle a word that looks "close
enough."

The plea should read, "kindly let me know how to select non adjacent rows
and columns in a excel 2007."
Holland's Boy, Bill
- "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
- unknown -- but I'm sure any one of us could take credit! ;-)