Once you have found viruses on your hard drive, there is no way to be
100% certain that it has been permanently removed!  It may recover the
drive to a level that you are comfortable, but it can not be considered
clean.  If you are willing to expend so much energy on these tools, you
might find your time better spent formatting the hard drive,
reinstalling XP and all of your applications.  I don't like the sound of
that task either, so I make a backup of the disk image once it it has
the system the way I want.

*Don Marang*
Vinux Package Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org
<http://www.vinuxproject.org/>