Hi Mike,
I don't know if this is a dubble post if it is i'm sorry about it.
you can try changing  your default provider,
its by going to:
eather  via the browser  by prissing alt+t & arro up or down to  get
manege addones.
or via c panel then   internet options, & tab to search default
settings wiches the 2nd settings button,
press it & tab once, to see the search providers you have,
change your default one,
or if you don't have another one there u still can install  the google
toolbar and check (make google my default search provider) check mark
,

after done you can uninstall the google toolbar from the programs and
features & u still have it search provider.
hope it fixes it for u.
take care...

hareth