Hi Romances Prince,

You may find the below useful.  It was originally
written for Outlook 2000 but it will work equally well with 2002 and 2003
versions.

THE BASICS:

1.      OPEN/READ

2.         COMPOSING A NEW MESSAGE

3.         FORWARDING A MESSAGE

4.         PRINTING A MESSAGE

5.         REPLYING TO A SENDER

6.         REPLYING TO ALL

7.         SAVING ATTACHMENTS

8.         INSERTING ATTACHMENTS

9.         DELETING A MESSAGE

HOW-TO'S

10.           SENDING FROM WORD/EXCEL

11.           POSTING TO A FOLDER

12.           HOW TO SET UP AUTOREPLY

13.           HOW AUTOLOOKUP WORKS

14.           HOW TO SET UP AUTOSIG

15.           HOW TO CREATE PERSONAL FOLDERS

16.           HOW TO CHANGE VIEWS

17.           USING THE RULES WIZARD

18.           CONTACTS

19.           TASKS - PERSONAL TO-DO'S

20.           JOURNAL - TIME CHARGES, PATH TO FILE WORKED ON

21.           ARCHIVING - WHAT IS THE DEFAULT CONFIG

22.           CALENDAR

REQUIRED FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT:

Adding a Mailbox to Outlook

THE BASICS:

1.                Open/Read a Message

Double click on the message or highlight the message and press enter. Or,
from the menu bar, select File/Open.

2.                Composing A New Message

>From the Menu Bar, select File/New/Mail Message. This will open a blank new
message. Or, from the toolbar, click on the New Message icon. To select
recipients, click on the To: button and choose from either the Global
Address List, or your Contacts list.

3.                Forwarding A Message

Open the message. From the Menu bar, select Actions/Forward. Or, click on
the Forward icon on the tool bar. This will open a New Message form. Choose
the recipients you want to forward the message to. Note:  Attachments DO get
forwarded.

4.                Printing A Message

Open the message, and from the Menu Bar, select File/Print, or from the tool
bar click on the Print icon.

5.         Replying To A Sender

Open the message, from the Menu Bar select Actions/Reply to Sender, or click
on the Reply icon on the tool bar. This will open a new message with the
senders address already in the To: field.

6.      Replying To All

Open the message, from the Menu Bar select Actions/Reply to All, or click on
the Reply To All icon on the tool bar. Note: Attachments do not get sent on
replies.

7.         Saving Attachments

With the message open, click once on the attachment. From the Menu Bar,
select File/Save As: Enter the destination and file name.
8.         Inserting Attachments

Compose or open a new message. From the Menu Bar select Insert. Select the
appropriate attachment.

9.         Deleting a Message

Highlight the message, from the Menu Bar select Edit/Delete, or from the
Tool Bar click on the Delete icon.

HOW TO'S

10.    Sending From Word/Excel

Open the Word/Excel document you want to send. From the Menu Bar, select
File/Send to. Choose Mail Recipient. This will open a new mail message with
the word/excel document already attached. Click on the To: button to choose
the recipients.

11.    Posting To A Folder

Highlight the Folder you want to post to. From the Menu Bar select
File/New/Post in This Folder. This will open a new message form. Public
folders will have access permissions set in accordance with company policy.

12.    Autoreply

Autoreply will automatically reply to a sender if you are out of the office.
>From the Menu Bar, select Tools/Out of Office Assistant. Create the message
you would like to have sent. You also have the option of adding a rule to
move or forward incoming messages.

13.    Autolookup

Outlook uses Autolookup to resolve names to email addresses. In the To:
field, type the last name of the person you are mailing to. If that person
exists in either our Global Address List or your personal address list,
Outlook will resolve the name to an address and it will appear underlined or
ask you to pick a more specific name.

14.    Autosignature

Autosignatures show up at the bottom of each message you create. You are
required to create an autosignature when using company email. From the Menu
Bar, select Tools/Options, click on the "Mail Format" tab, and click on the
"Signature Picker" button. Create the text with your full name, title, the
company's address and phone number, and your email address. Check the box to
Add This Signature to every email.

15.    Personal Folders

Personal Folders allow you to store mail and attachments on your own hard
drive rather than the server. PST Storage is forbidden for work related
material, and is not suggested for personal material either.  Personal
Folders stored on your local hard drive will not be backed up.  If your
Personal Folder increases in size beyond 2 gigabytes, it will most likely
become unstable and inaccessible.  IT recommends that you keep all
Outlook/Exchange data in your Mailbox.

16.    How To Change Views

You can customize your inbox by defining views. From the Menu Bar, select
View/Current view. Choose your preferred view from the list. You can also
define views by selecting View/DefineViews and modifying the view to your
preference.

17.    Using Rules Wizard

The Rules Wizard allows you to define a set of rules to help organize your
mail. You can have messages from one person always forwarded to a specific
folder, or copied to another person. From the Menu Bar, choose Tools/Rules
Wizard. Select Add Rule, and specify the requirements of the rule.
Depending on the conditions you set, Outlook will notify you if the rule is
server-side or client-side.   Be aware that in order for client-side rules
to be active, Outlook must be running.

18.    Contacts

The Contacts area is used to store addresses for contacts and people outside
the company.   Simply click on the Contacts icon in the folder list.  To
create a new entry, select File/New/Contact. Type the display name as you
prefer and enter the email address.  Make sure that your Contact folder is
seen as an address book:  right click on the Contacts icon, select
"Properties" and then click on the "Outlook Address Book Tab" and make sure
that the box next to "Show this folder as an Address Book" is checked.

19.    Tasks

Tasks allows you to create a tasks list of "things to do". You can manage
tasks by assigning a task to another person, Outlook will add that task to
the person's own task list. Project Managers will be responsible for
creating and maintaining the individual Project Task List

20.    Journal

The Journal is a timeline schedule that can be used to keep track of time
charged to specific projects, paths to files, and can be configured to
automatically record task requests and responses.  The Journal is disabled
by default in Outlook2000.  Be careful with this part of Outlook, because it
can take up space that's measured against your mailbox limits, if you have
any.

21.    AutoArchive

The default settings for autoarchiving are Calendar (6 months), Tasks (6
months), Journal (6 months), Sent Items (2 months) and Deleted Items (2
months). Archiving can be set up on any other folders by first selecting
from the Menu Bar Tools/Options/Other/AutoArchive. Then at the folder level,
highlight the individual folder and select File/Properties/AutoArchive.

22.    Calendar

Calendar allows you to create individual appointments and also to make
meeting requests. Calendar will show availability for the individuals that
you invite to meetings, and will send an invitation to the required
attendees, which they can respond to.  Notifications can be set to remind
you of meeting and appointments. It is strongly recommended that all
employees use this function to schedule meetings.

Click once on the Calendar icon on the Outlook toolbar. The calendar for
that day will be shown. To schedule a meeting, select Actions/New Meeting
Request. Choose the required attendees by clicking on the To: button and
adding their names under Required Attendees. Then select the Attendee
Availability tab. You can either choose a meeting time, and Calendar will
show whether the required attendees are available, or Autopick, which will
pick the next time that all attendees are available. Once a meeting time has
been established, select the Send button. Outlook will send a meeting
request to each of the required attendees.

REQUIRED FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT

Each project will be assigned an email account. Any correspondence
pertaining to that project will be copied to the project email account. Each
person with permissions to the project email account (as determined by the
Project Manager) will also be required to open the project email account as
well as their own. At the termination of the Project, as determined by the
Project Manager, the email account will be archived.

Adding A Mailbox To Outlook

>From the Menu Bar, select Tools/Services. Make sure that Microsoft Exchange
Server is highlighted, and click on the Properties button. Choose the
Advanced tab. Under Open These Additional Mailboxes, click on Add and type
in the project name. Click on OK. You will see the mailbox appear under your
Folder List.

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.