Hi Cliff,

Below are a couple of notes that might help:
From: Marquette, Ed
Well, tabs and margins, so far as I know, are set differently.
If you are talking about top, bottom, left, and right margins, go to File
and then Page layout.  You can set all 4 margins there.
For tabs, go to Format and then Paragraph.  There are two tabs. Pick the one
that says indents and line spacing.
Tab over (and this takes several tabs) past line spacing.  You will then
come to a tabs dialog box.
There is where you adjust your tabs.
Ed

From: Flor Lynch
Hi Mike,

I believe you'll find what you require in the format menu, Alt + O, then
arrow down to it and press enter, press the tab key, to adjust settings
appropriately. HINT: You can use shift+F1 for more Help in these
dialogues (in Word XP) if you need it.
Flor

Take care.
Mike