did you try setting it to say all and to select charicter ecko and make shure that is terned on. and also make shure that set charicters is terned on as well. from Mich. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Clary" <tclar...@gmail.com>
To: "blind-computing-join" <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:30 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] no jaws in "edit" field

friends,
 for the past 2 weeks, my work pc, windows xp pro, with jaws 8, won't
announce anything i've typed. as i write this email, if i hit the left
arrow, to repeat what i've just  will read it to me, but it still
doesn't read a letter in any form. does anyone have an idea of hoe to
get jaws back in proper operation?typed, it simply says "blank". if i
"select" a word or sentence, it