As usual, you're absolutely spot on in this assessment.

There are only certain parts of a game that can be translated into sound or vision - but without the visual esthetic in terms of the blind, we'd be missing out on tons of things that really can't be explained.

What I would love to see is a realistic racing game. Top speed is close but nowhere near close enough - although I'm sure that's a lot more difficult than it sounds in reality. Funding is likely another issue and interest in racing games is probably a lot less than something like an FPS like Swamp etc.