I really think Virtual reality would be great for learning to use sensory
substitution things, like the vOICe, at seeingwithsound.com

Besides that though, being able to see in a VR game would be really hard to
simulate for a blind person, unless the things we use, like a virtual cane
and such, were invissible for other players. And even then, we'd be slower
than others, just by the fact that we'd have more info to take in, we'd
have to physically explore our enviornment with the cane rather than just
turn the head to look around, and, so things wouldn't be equal. However,
this doesn't negate how much fun we'd have, just like current video games.
Shoot, I could play Dissidia Final Fantasy for hours, using OCR of course,
but its still fun as heck.
Devin Prater
sent from Gmail.