  From: Charles Rivard
  To: blind-gamers@groups.io
  Sent: Monday, December 23, 2019 06:16 PM
  Subject: [blind-gamers] chess equipment for blind players

  Does anyone know where a potential blind chess player can get a chess set of
the Staunton design at a reasonable price?  Also, a mechanical or digital
chess clock, again, at a reasonable price?  I can find neither.  Thanks.
The chess sets that I find either cost $100 or more, or they are of such a poor
quality, I would not take one for free.  I cannot even find a decent
mechanical clock, and I think that the only digital one I can find is far
overpriced, again, well above $100.
  I am also looking for learning of the game for a beginner who is blind.  I
understand that the courses from Hadley are no longer available, which is a
real shame, because they were excellent.