Yes it's grabbing the IP for the game server.  It used to do it only when
someone selected multiplayer from the menu, but it was moved to startup to also
check for available updates.  That was back during one of the earlier attempts
to have an auto updater (which I later removed).  People who only played the
game single player were not thinking to select multiplayer just to check if
they were using the most up to date version, so having it happen at launch
solved a few inconveniences.
- Aprone

    On Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 5:02:12 PM EDT, john <jpcarnemo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I'm actually rather curious why Swamp is asking for network access outside of
multiplayer? It seems to function just fine without issues when offline.