Happy Summer Solstice! Here’s the June 2021 update of Alter Aeon!

Usually we do a game event around this time but it’s going to be a little later
this year. Right now we’re shooting for middle of July, so we’ll offer a more
precise timetable in next month’s update. The plan is to release event areas in
two groups, with the first available from the start and the next set opened a
week later. We’ll be releasing the special area Starving Rock and also the
Puzzlewood Mire alongside the main event zones if there is enough interest in
doing so.

Last month, we released the Twisted Jungle of Foreboding, a level 44 group 15
area on the Nightmare Plane. There are two high level area in progress that
should be completed soon. One will be the follow up of the aforementioned area,
called the Mire of Madness. The other will be a level 38 zone for the Isle of
Naginag.

Here’s a list of highlights from last month’s changelog:

*
A new mob type was added: SHADOW.

*
A new heraldic beast was added: the hippopotamus.

*
A few tweaks were made to which spells can be groupcast, and we made it so that
if a spell can be groupcast, it will show up on its help page. Help pages will
also now show if a spell can be maintained, and help pages now show if a skill
can be used while resting, berserking, tanking, defending, entangled, etc.

*
A few minor changes were made to the levels of some spells and skills to
flatten a few pain points in the practice curve.

*
We also made adjustments to woodcrafted shields so that kite shields are now
two-handed shields and kite shields and round shields will have about half the
armor of tower shields and heater shields, respectively, to give more room for
carving, enchantments, etc.

*
You can now set composition on clan doors.

*
You tell if a Font (from the Field of Fonts) if unstable by looking at now,
instead of having to cast identify on it. Also, unstable Fonts are now be
somewhat easier to dispel.

*
Chill touch now lowers saving normal. Multiple castings are required to get the
full effect. This synergizes well with icebolt and frostbite.

*
Scorch and chill touch no longer stick to FIRE type creatures, and static blast
no longer sticks to ELECTRICITY type creatures.

*
Event announcements and the accompanying sounds should no longer show if you
have the event channel off.

*
The effectiveness of some no-norm weapon types has been pulled back.

*
‘Cooking check’ will now recognize culinary salts.

*
The spell 'cure blindness' is now 'vision', to remove conflicts with ‘cure
poison’.

*
Add more options for using credits.

More work was done our our official client, the dclient. We added map icons,
specifically to accommodate wandering mobs and when
shopkeepers/teachers/priests are killed, and dclient MSP sounds removed from
room weather strings. Infrastructure for playing longer weather tracks using
the music system was added.

For more information, check out our latest update on Youtube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_INPFGHQdE

Also, the final installment of our D&D campaign has been uploaded. The story of
this campaign directly contributes to the summer event. You can find it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXhnjw5JRQ