-----Original Message-----
From: blind-gamers@groups.io <blind-gamers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jude
DaShiell
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2022 11:26 AM

quests work better with groups.  With groups, more monsters generate so
everyone in the group ends up with more possibility for experience not to
mention  protection.  I think most of the players that play alteraeon are
actually really far up in levels and not down where we are.
One thing would be neat is when you see who is on, sort on level from
highest to lowest that way if higher level players want to gift lower
level players they'll find them at the bottom of the list and be able to
gift them experience and/or gold coming into the game.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2022, David Reynolds wrote:

> Hi Jude,
>
> Getting somewhere now. I'm a level 8 mage, which I thought was quite
impressive until I saw some of the stats given out on this list, level 39!
> From what I can figure out, this game is pretty open-ended, i.e. there
appear to be multiple quests, unlike the old adventure games I used to play
from Infocom which had a beginning and an end.
> All good stuff, very addictive though.
>
> David.

DaShiell
> Sent: 24 February 2022 19:14
> To: blind-gamers@groups.io; Richard Sherman <squir...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [blind-gamers] Alter aeon beginning
>
> if that is the case and I'm not sure it is necromancers once they've cast
bone armor on themselves would really be put at a disadvantage unless that
bone armor is easily removeable.

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2022, Heather Seaman wrote:
>

> > I watched a YouTube vid where the host said to remove any armor before
training a stat because that way it'll cost fewer practices.

> > On Feb 23, 2022 11:57 PM, Richard Sherman <squir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >       Hi,
> >
> >       Read the alter website on info for beginners.  In there it tells
you a lot about getting started, what to do, and where to go. Also the help
system is great. Type help and what your
> >       looking for.
> >

> >       There is a newbie channel. That channel has a lot of helpful
people on there. You get access to that channel thru level 19 in your first
class. Just type newbie, or you can short it to
> >       just newb and your message. If you don?t get any help there try
the chat channel. You can also try gossip channel but that one is quite
chatty.

> >       As for learning spells or skills. Those are taught at a trainer.
For you that would be in the camp. At a trainer type slist to see what
spells or skills they teach. To learn a spell or
> >       skill takes practices. You earn them as you level. The balance is
to put enough into skills and spells, or when to train a statistic of your.
That being strength, intelligence, wisdom,
> >       constitution, dexterity, and charisma. Type train to see what
currents stats are and how many pracs to improve them.

> >       The nice thing is if your not liking how your character is, reset
it. Try again for a new and improved version.

> >       Shermanator

David Reynolds
> >       Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 4:16 PM
> >
> >       Hi,
> >

> >       Never tried anything like this before, but managed to get started.
> >
> >       Sometimes, things seem to get out of step, and I don?t realize a
battle is going on until the imp has died.