I’d forgotten to mention that you can also easily clear a route from the map by
simply opening the map and then pressing the A button once. This should clear
whatever route you have set. So in this way, you will have no guidance at all
from Anna and you're free to explore.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Cara