Hi,

You  navigate through the prairie until you come to the gate to the next city, which is Amica Town. It helps a lot of the time to follow the walls very closely.

fighting the creatures on the way will help you build up your Manamon. I'd suggest you stay close to the first gate out of your home town and train up your Manamon a bit before starting  deeper into the prairie.

and, don't forget to keep an eye on your Manamon's health points. Choose the Flee option instead of attack if you think your health is too low, but you won't always be able to flee.

Hope that helps. It's a great game, even if I do have to replay the whole thing because I forgot to back up my game data before a windows re-install.

~Ann