Hi All,

I just found another feature of Forza Horizon 5 which at first appeared to be
not super friendly but I’ve just found a very cool work-around which makes this
available to us.

It is the Event Lab which features tracks and races of all types, created by
the Forza community. You can get to these events but neither the groups that
contain them generally announce their titles nor the options themselves for
each event. So it’s really hit or miss.

However, I’ve just found that the search feature for these events is accessible
and each event has a unique race code that you can search on to get to that
event directly. So this is kind of a huge deal, as it means that we now have
access to all sorts of community-created races and tracks etc, and we do not
need to use the map or travel across the world to get to these events anytime
we like.

This is all available from the pause menu from anywhere in the game. For those
who may not know, you get to the pause menu by pressing the menu button on your
controller.

Once you are in the pause menu, you get to the event lab by first moving to the
Creative Hub group using the right or left buttons on an XBox controller. I do
not know which keys this would be on PC. -My apologies.

I can’t remember at the minute if the Creative Hub group announces itself via
the screen reader but if it does not, the options in it do. So you would just
locate the Event Lab option using the D pad and activate it by pressing A.

Once you’re in the Event Lab, you will see two options which you can navigate
between using the D Pad. I’m not in front of the game just now, but I believe
these options are Blueprints and My Designs. I’ll verify this tomorrow and
re-post if necessary.

Anyway, the option you want is Blueprints. This option contains all of the
comunity-based tracks and races. These are divided into groups, but only the
first and last groups are spoken. You can still navigate between them and
choose races within them, but the races will not announce their titles. So you
cannot tell which event you are picking.

This is where the above work-around comes in; As I’d mentioned, each event has
a code associated with it and you can find these codes on the web. (Youtube etc)

Once you are in the Blueprints section, you can go to the search area by
pressing the View button on your controller. You should hear an option called
Confirm. If you navigate up once with the D Pad, you should then hear a search
edit field announced. You can click on this by pressing the A button and a
search keyboard will open, which uses Narrator so we can access it.

If you enter the search code for the event you want, and then click enter, you
will get a search results group which should contain the option you’re looking
for. If you just click the A button you will enter the event.

I believe you can press Y in place of A if you would like to favorite the
event. I’ll get to this again in a minute.

For now though, once the event starts, it should be announced like any normal
race would, so you can race like you usually do, but now we have access to a
vast amount of community based events that do not require any use of the map or
any travel to locate.

Okay, so now on to favorites, when I was mentioning the groups in the
Blueprints section earlier, I mentioned that only the first and last groups
seem to be announced. The first group (all the way to the left) is the highest
rated races (I can’t remember the exact name just now) and the last group (all
the way to the right) is called History. This screen may be confusing, as you
will still hear clicks if  you keep moving to the right after you reach the
History group. There are no more groups though and you will actually stay on
the History group so just bear this in mind.

So now, if you navigate to the History group and then go one to the left with
the D Pad, you will land on the Favorites group. Even though this group and its
options are not narrated, your favorites are here and they should be in the
order in which you favorited them. You can access these using the D Pad as you
normally would. So this is sort of a quicker way to get to these without
needing to type in the race code each time.

I’ve not used the History group yet but this also might work.

If you like, here is a race code to get you started. This track is actually
basically kind of a test track that you can race on alone. This one is actually
meant for people wanting to get lots of points and credits using the
auto-steering feature. I found  this accidentally so thought I would give it a
try and see if this was accessible for us. It turns out that it is, and this is
a perfectly legit race.

The race code is 966 452 663.

A few words of warning / advice though; I believe this track is meant for class
S 1 or 2 cars but for some reason when I started the race, it only let me
choose the Jesko that I was currently driving, which is an X class car and
currently the fastest car in the game. So I believe this car is way too fast
for this track.

I’m just saying this in case you run into the same situation I did. :)

What I needed to do to be successful on this track is to kind of help the AI
out a bit by doing some extra braking on the turns and taking some of the
off-road bits slightly slower so as to avoid anything that would stop the car
and cause me to lose points.

when I notice the AI beginning to auto brake for me, I also brake manually a
lot more to allow it to slow down as much as it should to take each corner.
Taking corners on this track in a Jesko at full speed will absolutely cause you
to crash! At least it does for me. :)

So again, just bear this in mind when racing on this track.

This is super fun though and allowed me to actually reach the Jesko’s currently
tuned top speed of 303 miles per hour on a straight away so woohoo! this was
awesome! :)

This particular race is really long and I was never actually able to finish it
because I got disconnected from the game server but your milage may vary so to
speak. :)

Also, this course takes you through some short off-road bits so if you hear
your car suddenly slowing down and occasionally hitting a few things, this is
actually normal and what is supposed to happen. The trick is just not to lose
it in the turns and hit something big that will actually stop your car. Other
than that, it seems essentially anything goes on this track.

You can find a ton more race codes online and searching on Youtube for
interesting event lab races will yield all kinds of treasures. I’ve already
found more than I can race! :)

Good luck with these events and hope y’all enjoy this!

Cheers!

Cara