I've never played DiscWorld so this may be a very noob question, but can't you
carry a light source of some kind so you don't have to wait for daybreak to do
whatever you're trying to do? I ask because, if time runs as quickly in
Discworld as it does in Alter, you'll have to move fast once it does turn light
since you'll only have a few minutes before darkness returns. On Jan 7, 2024