As we all know, sometimes things lose a little in the translation and so on
we go.

   I couldn't agree more, the nickname thing is a bit childish and just plain
annoying at times. I am here on my turf so I feel free to say this. In some
cases I do find the management over their a little condescending at times.

   However, by and large I think it is one of the best ideas I've seen for the
communicating of blind persons with one another. As most of you know, I am a
firm believer in the commingling of the blind world with the sighted. Still I
do think it is important for blind folks to know some others of their elk. Like
this list I have met some persons over their whom I believe to be well adjusted
blind people. ON the other hand, their are some who will probably never be able
to function in society. If you decide to join you will observe those who always
seam to be on the sight. One would assume for the people is their life. Nothing
wrong with that I suppose and your correct, I shouldn't be so quick to judge.
   Anyway, come judge for your self, what the hell, it's free.

   As for the adjusting of your microphone, their is a thing they call the loop
back room where you can here what you sound like before you ever talk on the
sight. The program that allows you to talk is called a chat client. Within that
chat client are mike adjustments for fine tuning your sound. IN the interest of
saving you a little time, the loop back location is the first thing you will
find in the general family rooms category.

   Hope to see you their, Phil Parr.

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: