Hi
 Preventing radio frequency interference from whacking out appliances

This probably applies to many of the new high tech appliances including
touch
lamps, smart irons and coffeemakers, etc.

My lamps were flashing each time I transmitted on 2 meters. HF
transmissions don't seem to cause any trouble. (that just knocks the
neighbour's TV out, har de har). Believe it or not, a simple snap-on
toroidal choke with the lamp cord wrapped as many turns possible near the
plug end cured it. Didn't want to bother with the several type of filter
circuits one could build to fix the problem. It may be a simple fix for
others with similar 2-way interference problems. One can get these chokes
at Radio Shack among other sources.

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: