With a Central air unit. You cool all airiers not just one. I got a
apartment with a window/wall mount in the wall. It cools only half
the apartment. My back bedroom stays warm no matter what I do. Even
using a second fan to push the cool air down the hall doesn't do a
thing. Glad all rooms here have ceiling fans in them. Wish it had Central air.

At 08:37 PM 8/1/2006, you wrote:
>Lee,
>I am not really sure that Central Air is best.
>I think it might depend on how many folks live in your house.
>It seems to me that if there are just a couple then it would be more
>efficient to only heat or cool the area you are using.
> From all I have read the per BTU cost of a window unit is just about the
>same as the central units. This being the case, since the window units are
>as efficient then you really gain nothing by using the central unit except
>the convenience of not having to bother with the units in each area.
>As high as energy is getting it might save quite a bit of money not to cool
>those areas of your house you are not currently using. AT night just cool
>your bedroom and during the day you need not cool the bedroom cause you
>ain't supposed to be in bed, you are supposed to be out doing something
>meaningful. (LOL)
>
>Cy, the Ancient Okie...  you

Tim
trouble
Blindeudora list owner.

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: