Hi Terrie,

I had the same problem with the very first mower I owned.  Turned out
the oil leaked out through a crack in the oil pan and the thing
seized-up.  Have you checked the oil lately?  On my mower, I replaced
the oil pan, filled it up with new oil, put oil in the cylinder  and
started twisting the mower blade to try and get things moving and
lubricated.  When it started turning easily, I pulled the cord a few
times and it finally started.  Luckily, the mower hadn't
burned-up.  Hope this helps.

Take care,
Ed Przybylek

At 01:20 PM 8/8/2006, you wrote:
>iam new to thelist and I have a problem with my gas mower .  I was cutting
>the grass and the pull cord would not pull when the mower chocked on some
>tall grass I pulled the grass out of it and tried to pull it but it would
>not budge.
>does anyone have any ideas befor I roll it to the repair shop . I think it
>is something simple so I am open for suggestions.
>Terrie
>

>To listen to the show archives go to link
>  http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
>or
>ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/
>
>The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
>http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday
>
>The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
>http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml
>
>Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions
> From Various List Members At The Following Address:
>http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/
>Visit the new archives page at the following address
>http://www.mail-archive.com/blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com/
>For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy
>Man list just send a blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: