Sometimes called a plenum chamber?

Sheila

-----Original Message-----
From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of NLG
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:55 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] central air conditioning quote number 2

  Your plenum is the part of your furnace that has the duct work attached.
It is just a boxed in area, usually located on top of your furnace that
collects the hot air and then your furnace blower blows to distribute it
throughout your dwelling.  I don't know what you have there as far as your
furnace or how many cfm (cubic feet per minute) your blower produces but the
coil for your air conditioning will install inside the plenum and the blower
will blow across it and distribute the cool air throughout your home. There
are formulas that the pros use to determine how large a coil you need and
also how large a fan you will needd to do the job.

  Hope this helps.