From: "jim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:59 AM
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] worm bin

hello jenniffer.

i have dun that very thing.

get a tote bin with a lid from the local hardware stor or where ever.
go to wall mart and buy worm bedding and worm food.
mix up the bedding like the box says and shake on some worm food like the
can says and there you have it.

you can buy worms on the internet.
they come in a neet little bucket all in a big worm ball.
you just put them in the bedding and they are happy.
you can also feed them coffee grounds.

keep the lid tight because the little buggers like to crawl out and tend to
dry up on the floor.
yuck.

enjoy
jim
i jennifferAt 05:00 AM 1/22/2006, you wrote:

>So has anyone here had experience here with a worm bin?  They can be done in
>much smaller spaces apparently.  Even in an apartment I have been told.  I
>have found commercially available ones for over $100, but I keep hearing
>reference to making ones own for cheap.  Any thoughts?
>
>I think my boys would find this fascinating, but I worry about a smell and
>the like.  Also, what if I kill the worms.  I am not that soft hearted,
>*smile*, but that seems like it would be a real stinky mess.
>

>Jennifer

List Members
At The Following Address:
just send a
blank message to:

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: