Hello, warmest  greetings from deep in the heart of the piny woods, here,
at the little ranch house on southwood drive in Lufkin Texas.

   As most of you know about three and a half years ago we started the blind
handyman. Some where around a year later we began doing blind like me and
our

computer guy Don Shaw got us a couple of lists up and running. In case you
don't know we have a list serve for each show and both lists stay at around

200 plus members at all times.

   In November of o4 we tried a small gathering at a Sheraton  hotel in
Houston and by all feedback I've received  it was a smashing success. IN
fact, I

believe most everyone who attended is returning for round two. This years
gathering will     began on Friday evening November third, continue thru
Saturday

the forth, Sunday the fifth and, we will depart Houston Monday morning the
sixth. We found this Sheraton hotel accommodating so we are Staying with a
winner.

When you touch down in Houston there is a shuttle that will quickly whisk
you from any terminal at intercontinental directly to where all the fun is,
the

Sheraton on J F K boulevard. All you must do is tell someone where you need
to go. Best part about this shuttle is, it's absolutely free. I suggest
however

you bring plenty of small bills  because when the porter shows you to your
room and trundles your bags up, they will expect, and deserve  a couple of
bucks

for their trouble.

   Before I get too far a field let me mention this venue has three
restaurants with a good variety of comestibles to nosh. Besides all that,
the food is

good too. If memory serves correct there is 24-7 room service and one may
order and just eat in your room if you like. However, we found the wait
staff

in the restaurants very helpful and quite willing  to cut, sprinkle, and
special order  what ever for you. Bair in mind like everywhere else these
days

the food is pricie and if one expects good service the standard gratuity is
15 to 20 percent. However it has been my experience these days that a good

tip doesn't necessarily always convert to good service any more.

   As for what we will do to fill the time here is an overview of some
planned activities.   Friday evening, the exciting setting up and
installation of

the requisite recording and public address equipment needed.  Later  a
meeting of the blind rifleman's association in the lounge. It is my
contention at

this time that the two activities will dovetail quite nicely.

   Things will get off to a rousing start at around 9 30 or 10AM Saturday
morning with the introduction of everyone and some talks by whom ever would
like

 to speak to our groupe. Also, we are working on a small panel discussion.
All the details are not complete so,  more on that later.  Maybe you would
like

to tell about an unusual job you have or just something about your self.
Understand, this is not required of anyone,   this will be strictly on a
volunteer

bases. I can however guarantee none of those motivational speakers who make
you feel like your life to date has been  just a complete waist of time.

    Saturday afternoon at 3PM we will record a cooking in the dark show with
everyone's favorite, the mahatma of the microwave, Dale Campbell. Of course

He will be ably assisted by ny sweet and classey friend  Sheryl Comings.
After that the sun will be long over the yardarm so, time to play some music
and dance

the night away.

   Sunday at around 8 30AM  Emma Lee, Don Pats lady will host a non
denominational religious service for all who wish to attend. You'll probably
want to

be their because music for the Sunday morning gathering will be provided by
the lovely and  very talented Debra Saylor.

   Sunday at around 11AM we will record a blind handyman with all the usual
suspects. In attendance will be  Tom Houston, Don Patterson, Don Shaw, of
course

you, plus, the creator.     Sunday afternoon we plan to record a blind like
me plus have a show and tell session. If you have something old or new that

talks,  beeps or can be operated successfully by blind persons pleas bring
what ever along and demonstrate it for us.

   We are working on a little music trivia game we might play if I can get
all the details worked out. By the way, if you have an idea for something
you

think the groupe would enjoy doing pleas get in touch with me either by
phone or, e mail. Remember, we are just like n p r, all things will be
considered.

   Sunday night, more music, dancing and, general me ham and merriment.

  Much to soon  then it's  Monday morning, on the big bird and back to one's
home 20. With all those wonderful memories, and that one little embarrassing

 moment,  vying for space in your psyche.

   I think I can speak for the groupe and seriously say, we all had a real
fine time just getting to know each other, and we certainly plan to do it
again

this year.

   As you have probably discerned by now, this gathering or convention is
not about learning anything or expanding one's perspective. I suppose you
might

posit this weekend is for the making of new friends and comparing other
blind persons lives to yours. In short, let's all come to Texas in November,
enjoy

the wonderful weather and have a fun time.

   O, lest I forget and you half to ask, the dog relief area has already
been arraigned for.

   Well, I suppose it's time to talk money.

   Last time we used a travel agent but for this one you will need to make
your reservations directly with the Sheraton. Phone number is,

 2 8 1. 4 4 2. 5 1 0 0.

  Tel the person at the reservations  desk you want to reserve a room with
the blind handyman gathering in November.  As of today they should know what

you are talking about.

   Rooms are 72$ per night plus tax,  single or double, they don't care. You
will need a major credit card to secure your room however, nothing will be

charged to your card until you arrive on Friday the third to clame your
room.

   If you plan to come as a single let me no and I will end ever to match
you with a room mate.

   The registration fee is 25$ per person, 50$ per couple, this time, down
from 40 per person last year. I think we will have quite a few more people
this

year so we can spread the cost around some. As was decided last time, the
only way to pay the registration fee is, just send me a check. Yes I could
collect

the money after we arrive, but, know know, just send me a check. Pleas make
said check payable to blind handyman gathering, and send it to Phil Parr 16

04 Southwood drive Lufkin Texas 7 5 9 0 4.  None of this money will be spent
until after the cut off date so, if for some reason you had to cancel I
would

refund your money. Our cutoff  date for making reservations and registering
for the gathering is Friday October 13 2006. After that date the hotel will

no longer Guarantee the special room rate and, the registration moneys will
have been already ear marked for spending.

   I am sure you all understand this but here I go anyway. You, and you
alone,  are personally responsible for arranging your flight to Houston and
back

and transportation to and from your domicile. If you don't know how to make
these arrangements we can find someone to help you I'm sure.

   Here are a few amenities offered  by this hotel.

   Both an indoor and out door pool.

   Full work out and exercise facilities.

   Accelerated check out by phone.

   Tanning beds.

   A spa and massage on demand.

   Well, that got a little more involved then I thought it would.

   I think I covered most everything but, if you think of something let me
know.

   Phone, 9 3 6.  6 3 4. 9 5 0 0

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now, this year you can't say you didn't know soon enough, start saving and
come on down and see us.

   See you all in Houston in November, Phil Parr.