Hi
Some facts you should know before buying an electronic helmet:
List of 5 items
. Our helmets switch up to 80 times faster than the required standards.
Remember that the welding arc is not instantaneous. It starts off as a small
spark
and builds into the dangerous arc. Our lens will darken long before that
dangerous point.
. About switching time: How far does your helmet go? Some companies measure
how fast their helmet changes from shade 4 to 8 and then tell you their
helmet
changes in 1/25,000th of a second. That's like a dragster stopping at half
track and saying you made a 3 second run! Our helmets darken in 5/10,000th
of
a second or faster, but remember, we tell you how fast our helmet changes
from shade 4 to 13 (or the darkest shade). That means our helmets may at
first
appear slower but our helmets make it to the finish line!
. Does speed really matter? Since you are always protected from UV/IR rays
equivalent to a shade 16, even when the lens is light, switching speed
doesn't
mean much. In reality, your eyes don't even perceive the difference between
1/5,000th and 1/25,000 of a second.
. Do faster speeds compromise protection and quality? Faster helmets may
choose switching time over better infrared protection. We think that's a
dangerous
compromise to make just to make a sale. Faster speeds may also mean a lower
optical quality. If you can't see your work clearly, it doesn't matter how
fast it darkens.
. Our helmets provide as much as 1563% more protection against harmful
UV/Infrared radiation than other brands.
Infrared
light is invisible and can be very dangerous. In time, unprotected exposure
to it can cause cataracts and blindness. With our lens over your eyes, you
are
protected from infrared at all times, even when the lens is light because
the UV/Infrared filter is permanent. It is the purple color you see on the
outside
of the lens.
Ultraviolet
light is what causes "flash burn" of the cornea and "welder's sunburn" like
you get on your neck. With our UV/IR filters you are always protected from
UV/IR
rays to a shade 16 whether the lens is light or dark. That is more
protection than most lenses you'll ever use, plus you get the bonus of
seeing the visible
portion of the light spectrum as light as a shade 9 or as dark as 13.

Call Daytona MIG at 1-800-331-9353

New Air Purifying Respirators for welding at a GREAT PRICE-$749!!

*Includes an auto-dark helmet!!

You don't have to spend a fortune to breathe clean, pure air while welding.
This system is worn comfortably around the waist and works up to 8 hours on
a battery pack charge. It feeds fresh temperate air into the helmet to
protect against harmful gases and vapors. The perfect answer for those hot
humid
days.  It is fully adjustable and comes apart and re-assembles easily. Air
duct is angled so air doesn't blow directly into face. The Compact Air
system
comes with your choice of auto-dark helmet, starting at $749.

Systems include: lightweight helmet-your choice of Single shade or variable
shade with auto-dark lens, air duct assembly, Reusable Comfa-Seal face seal,
three filter media HEPA filter, Blower unit w/air-flow indicator, 8 hour
shift battery (ni-cad), battery charger breathing tube w/quick bayonet
connector,
adjustable lightweight nylon belt, carrying case.

Supplies 6 cu. ft. (170 liters) per min., hose length 29.5 in.(750mm).

System for $749 includes integrated Single Shade Helmet (Lists at $819).

System  for $885 includes  integrated Variable Shade Helmet  (List: $990).

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: