  From: Tom Fowle
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 9:53 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Applying finish to wood

  Mickey,
  You're an inspiration, much as I hate that word. <GRIN>

  being a bit of a sailor, I knew what a spar is
  so that's why I bought the stuff.

  i also thought I'd dip the ends of the dowels in the can when
  done cause it'd be hard to be sure the end grain was wel sealed.

  Have you ever worked with spirit varnish as in used on some
  musical instruments?
  that dries very fast indeed.
  Have done french polish and that's fun if you're quick.

  do you worry about disposing of the used paper towels? I suppose
  there isn't a large enough mess of them to worry about self
  combustion.

  thanks, may try that next weekend, when will have some time, if
  the weather doesn't get too cool that is.

  tom

  Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: