From: "Dale Leavens"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 10/16/06 7:21:41 PM
To: "blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com"<blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Quartz Infrared Heaters

I just did a search and was interested to discover that this sort of heating
device has been widely used in industry for heat processing like thermal
molding and vacuum forming and heating metallic parts for coating or burning
the lubricant off of extruded wire insulation and all sorts. The primary
preferred use is to be able to come up to full temperature quickly and fall
off again quickly when not in use. A controller can turn the lamps on just
in time for some or other part of the process and the radiation falls back
to about 5% within a couple of seconds of turning them off.

The technology is used for many other things too, direct radiation for spot
heating in large areas like hangers and warehouses or to keep snow and ice
clear from outdoor areas or even spot heating of a part of a patio like over
the barbecue.

This refers to the element technology only, not that particular
configuration in the Edinpure device.

While electric infrared heating is far from new, I had never thought of
using it in those ways.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype DaleLeavens